Andrew,

It's your machine.  It can have whatever files you put or cause to be
put on it.  To the point:  look in /etc/inittab and see what file gets
run on startup, and what one on going multiuser.  Look at those files
and see what other files they execute.  Probably you will see a line:
# /etc/init.d/network start
and you can just remove the #.  If not just add it where it seems to
make sense.

Lawson
          >< Microsoft free environment

This mail client runs on Wine.  Your mileage may vary.

On Thu, 25 Feb 1999, Pollywog wrote:

> I am having a problem with my ThinkPad running Debian 2.0.
> When I reboot, the network is not visible.  I have to run
'/etc/init.d/network
> start' in order to get the network.  I need to do this every time I
reboot.

> BTW RedHatters, Debian does not have /etc/rc.d/rc.local so that is not
an
> option.
>
> thanks
>
> --
> Andrew

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]