look in /etc/rc.d/rc.local (i think) ... it overrights your issue at boot
time.

- Josh

On Fri, 26 Feb 1999, Langa Kentane wrote:

> I am using Redhat 5.1 and what I want to do is change what is displayed
> before the login prompt for user that telnet and for me when I am sitting on
> the console.
>
> The problem now is that when I change the contents of the issue file and
> then logout, it displays what I want.  As soon as I reboot the old message
> comes back on there..
>
> What can I do to remedy this... it's very irritating!

---
Joshua W. H. Steiner - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://eds.org/~joschi

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentyful, is the
basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more
stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the
universe."
   - Frank Zappa