I know nothing about Samba, but instead of writing to a newbie list, why
not join a samba-specific one? (www.samba.org I believe). That way, you'll
have a bunch of people who know *that one thing* and can better help you.

On Sun, 28 Feb 1999, Shaggy Im-erbtham wrote:

> I am at the end of my ropes trying to print from Win95 client to the
> Linux/Slackware server. Having read the smb.conf and printap man pages (the
> latter could have been written in another language, totally
> incomprehensible to me) and the Printing HOWTOs -- and trying out as much
> as I could understand -- didnot help.
>
> May be someone on the list can help.

_Deirdre  *  http://disclaimer.deirdre.org  *  http://www.deirdre.net
"I would rather choose to have my leg bitten off than to buy NT"
Rob Narberes, Information Systems Manager, DNA Plant Technologies Corp
as quoted in (!) Computerworld