Michael Trausch wrote:

> I know floppy drives are cheap-- here's my problem, however... I have not
> $2.00 to my name.  Any money I get, I get from my parents-- which isn't
> much, because we live below the poverty line.  That's why I have cheapo
> Internet access.  I can barely afford to take the ACT test let alone buy
> more hardware for my computer.
>
> What I'm going to do is start advertising services as a DOS/Windows
> techinician, which I'm pretty well qualified (in real experience, not yet
> on paper) to do.  I have many people who I can use as references.
>
> Maybe I can make an extra buck or two that way.
>
>         - Mike

Hi MIKE,

Maybe there is another way to boot Linux without Lilo and without a
floppy. It is LOADLINE. It is a system of booting Linux from Dos, in
your Dos partition. You need Loadline and a copy of your kernel
(vmlinuz) on your Dos partition. So you have an alternative to Lilo
without needing floppies.

Cristian Carnutu