Look for the Linux Documentation Project.  Lots of info and in several formats.

Very good site for Linux Documentation: Formats include PDF and HTML.

http:// sunsite.unc.edu/mdw/ldp.html

I sent the following to Red Hat and got the following response.

 I feel that there are three subjects in the manual that could be
 greatly improved: LILO - I did not find a MAN page for LILO so I was
 left trying to guess how to use it from the command line.  I finally
 gave up and starting looking for another way of configuring.  There
 is no listing for LILO under "configuration."  "Booting" was not much
 help either.  In addition, there is no listing in the index for
 Windows 95.  I have installed Linux twice and in both cases I found
 it very easy to setup Linux as the default boot system when I meant
 it to be Windows 95.  This section of Chapter 5 should be greatly
 expanded. I think that many people would be in the situation I am in
 with the computer using both Windows 95 and Linux.  There should be a
 chapter on co-existing with Windows 9x.

 RH: We agree that more information on the care and feeding of a dual-boot
 system is a good idea, and have been working on adding this
 information to a future version of the manual.  You are right that
 you're not alone -- many of our customers have dual-boot systems...

 LINUXCONF - I was able to figure out that LILO could be changed
 through LINUXCONF, but there is only one listing in the index for it
 and no explanation that it can be used to change the default
 operating system.

 RH: We intend to greatly increase the amount of Linuxconf information in
 the next version of our installation guide, so stay tuned...

 Partitions - The amount for each of the partitions is discussed very
 well in section 2.6.5, but it should probably be repeated for section
 4.3.3 since it appears that there is more space used in Figure 4.9
 than recommended in section 2.6.5.  There should be an example
 showing a Windows 95 installation.

 RH: Well, the figure in 4.3.3 was meant to be an example, not a "your
 system should look like this".  In fact, the system this screenshot
 came from was my desktop system, complete with the mammoth spool area
 to hold huge Postscript files containing complete books destined for
 our duplex printer, etc. But you have a good point -- the screenshot should
probably reflect a more real-world configuration, including some Windows
partitions... Thanks for your feedback, and thanks for your interest in our
 products!

                             Ed -- Ed Bailey Red Hat Software, Inc.
 http://www.redhat.com/

--