From: Christopher J. & JoLene J. McFarland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 08 September 1998 07:10
Subject: Partitioning the hard way; or maybe not...?

Hello, real newbie here.
So new I don't even have Linux on my box yet.  :)
OK, here's my question:
I have Win95 installed on my hard drive on one (very large) partition on my
hard drive, which is approx 1.6 gigs total.  Now, I just got this system
tweeked to my liking, after about the 4th reformat since my marriage. (and I
got married 3 months ago!  Hows that for Microshmucks "reliability" for
you.)  Further, my wife would kill me if I took all the stuff which she
*just* started learning and tossed it out.  Further, that I *finally* found
an office suite that's so close to my own tastes that it makes no
difference, and it's Windows 95 only.
Down to the question.  Is there a freeware way to re-partition the hard
drive without losing the data that is already there?  I'm basicly looking
for a "Partition Magic"-type freeware.
If there isn't a way to do it, that's cool, I'll just wait until I have
enough money to buy a bigger hard drive, Partition Magic, and whatever the
premier Linux release is available at the time. (probably Red Hat)
Thanks for any help you can give me.

Chris