It's probably too late for this, but...  gpm -k is how gpm would like to
be killed, so it can clean up after itself.  killall is a convenience,
not a cure-all :-).  Although killall -HUP gpm accomplishes the same
thing as gpm -k, it is more keystrokes.

Lawson
          >< Microsoft free environment

This mail client runs on Wine.  Your mileage may vary.

On Sun, 14 Mar 1999, Dominic Brunelle wrote:

> I've looked for the imps2, but it wasn't in the choices (in have
RH5.2).
> I've also tried to do only a killall gpm before getting in X, but not
> more
> succes...  I got the error message it send me when i kill X :
>
> unable to get status of mouse fd (Inappropriate ioctl for device)
>
> Maybe this this will be useful !?

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]