On Tue, 21 Mar 2000,  Karthik Vishwanath wrote about,  mouse problem:
> Hi,
>
> 6.1 does not seem to recognise my mouse correctly. I have a generic
> two-button PS/2 mouse. 'mouseconfig' hangs on running. The mouse
> cursor is not visible in the text mode and does not move in X. There is
> no mouse interrupt listed in /proc/interrupts. The device works fine in
> windows. What could the problem be? What must I try?

A PS/2 mouse uses IRQ12 and there for has its own device in /dev.
Its called psaux.

Firstly make sure GPM is killed.

cd /dev
rm mouse
ln -s psaux mouse
gpm -m /dev/mouse -t ps2

In Redhat i belive you need to do the following.
Edit /etc/sysconfig/mouse to reflect the changes for your next boot.

--
Regards Richard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]