According to Mike: While burning my CPU.

> On Mon, 5 Apr 1999, Manager wrote:
>

> > Is it possible to mount SCO filesys ( HTFS ) in linux ?
> >
> Not totally sure about this, but I believe so.  Try enabling
> CONFIG_SYSV_FS in the kernel config.

Correct, however it depends on what he wants to do, i dont have the
origanal posting anymore, however i have included the text from
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/Configure.help after the next paragraph.

Just a small note, if one uses a standard "install kernel" the one from the
distribution disk or install medium, then there is possably no need to even
make a new kernel as support should be in module form, check;

/lib/modules/kernel_version_number/fs for sysv.o
/lib/modules/kernel_version_number/fs for iBCS.o

System V and Coherent filesystem support
CONFIG_SYSV_FS
  SCO, Xenix and Coherent are commercial Unix systems for Intel
  machines. Saying Y here would allow you to read to and write from
  their floppies and hard disk partitions.

  If you have floppies or hard disk partitions like that, it is likely
  that they contain binaries from those other Unix systems; in order
  to run these binaries, you will want to install iBCS2 (Intel Binary
  Compatibility Standard is a kernel module which lets you run SCO,
  Xenix, Wyse, UnixWare, Dell Unix and System V programs under Linux
  and is often needed to run commercial software that's only available
  for those systems. It's available via FTP (user: anonymous) from
  ftp://tsx-11.mit.edu/pub/linux/BETA).

  If you only intend to mount files from some other Unix over the
  network using NFS, you don't need the System V filesystem support
  (but you need NFS filesystem support obviously).

  Note that this option is generally not needed for floppies, since a
  good portable way to transport files and directories between unixes
  (and even other operating systems) is given by the tar program ("man
  tar" or preferably "info tar"). Note also that this option has
  nothing whatsoever to do with the option "System V IPC". Read about
  the System V filesystem in Documentation/filesystems/sysv-fs.txt.
  Saying Y here will enlarge your kernel by about 34 KB.

  If you want to compile this as a module ( = code which can be
  inserted in and removed from the running kernel whenever you want),
  say M here and read Documentation/modules.txt. The module will be
  called sysv.o.

  If you haven't heard about all of this before, it's safe to say N.

--
Regards Richard.