At least one Beowulf project (the one I posted the URL for yesterday) runs
on 10 megabit Ethernet. That said, I share your doubt, Kenneth, that Michael
will be able to accomplish what he wants to.

At 09:57 AM 4/10/99 -0500, Kenneth Stephen wrote:
[deleted]
>       Also - and I'm on thinner ground here - I believe that you need
>fast networking for Beowolf clusters. Those old 386's all have  ISA slots.
>There are no 100Mbit ISA ethernet cards (they are all PCI). So your
>networking will be limited in speed.
[rest deleted]

762 Garland Drive
Palo Alto, CA  94303-3603
650.328.4219 voice                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]