Ray Olszewski wrote:
<edited>
> While I imagine this feedback is not as specific as you had wished for, I
> hope it is of some help anyway.

It was of tremendous help!  Your hint about the card BIOS did it.  The
card was given to me by my Dad.  He had told me it was set to the
default settings.  I got to looking and it wasn't even close - I had to
reset 6 or 7 jumpers.  One of them was the card BIOS jumper.  When I had
first installed the card I had checked the IRQ and IO base settings, but
hadn't checked the others.  Know I know better.

Thank you for putting me on the right track.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD           |  "Where do you want to go today?"
ICQ# 12934898                 |  "As far from Redmond as possible!"