Robert Pope enscribed thusly:

>       Okay, here's a stupid question for you...

>       I know the floppy drive is /dev/fd0.  So how do I see what's on
> the floppy and (more important) how do I copy something from the floppy to
> the hard drive?

        Is this an MSDOS floppy?  Try this:

                mdir a:

        Copy something from it:

                mcopy a:foo.bar foo.bar

        Copy something to it:

                mcopy foo.bar a:foo.bar

        If it's not an MSDOS floppy then it's a different game.

>       This should be easy, and it probably is.  I'm probably just typing
> something wrong (hey, it's happened!)
>
>       Thanks.
>
> Bob

> Robert W. Pope                        Internet:
> BCPL                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 320 York Rd.                               (410) 887-6166
> Towson, MD  21204                     Fax: (410) 887-2091
>
>                      For a good time try:
>          http://www.bcpl.net/~rpope/worldfun.html

 Michael H. Warfield    |  (770) 985-6132   |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  (The Mad Wizard)      |  (770) 925-8248   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/