Your kernel is too big for lilo to boot.  If you haven't already, you
can try make bzImage, as it suggests in /usr/src/linux/README; if
bzImage is still too big, you will have to configure some of the options
you have selected as modules so the kernel can load them after it has
had a chance to change to 32 bit mode.  The i386 boots in real 16 bit
mode, and there is a limit to how big the kernel can be.

HTH

Lawson
          >< Microsoft free environment

This mail client runs on Wine.  Your mileage may vary.

On Sun, 18 Apr 1999, robert erickson wrote:

> When ever I try to install my kernal   ( in lilo ) I get an error
messages of
> " kernel to big"   whats the deal

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]