OK, I tried it again last night, and guess what?
It stopped at a different place this time!
But it wasn't a signal error, rather a software
problem.
It was stopping at the same point after 3 different
tries.
ld -v: gives - 2.9.1(BFD 2.9.1.0.4)
gcc --version - 2.7.2.3

Why am I getting a software error now.
Like I said, the minimum requirements said that
I will need the latest Procps and Shell Utilities.
I have the Procps source, and it seems to compile
perfectly( no errors ) but when typing
ps --version it still reports the old version.

I'm really stuck now.

Shane