Hi all...

I'm having trouble setting the font path useing xset...

When I execute the command :
'xset fp= /usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/Type1'
I get this error message:

'xset:  bad font path element (#1), possible causes are:
        Directory does not exist or has wrong permissions
        Directory missing fonts.dir
        Incorrect font server address or syntax'

I've tried to execute the command as my regular user aswell as root, but I
still get the same message... The directory contains the file fonts.dir...

The one thing I don't get is the last line of the message... What does it
realy mean...

Or maybe I am executing the command with a wrong syntax...

Please anyone, help me out here... Useing GIMP without fonts aren't that
funny when you need to produce some logos and headers...

TIA
        //Ulf Lundstrom

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you.
This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.