According to Patrick Emonts: While burning my CPU.

> Richard Adams wrote:
> >
> > I cant remember what char-major-4 is at the minute, just ignore that message
> > at bootime, possably when some or other process needs char-major-4 it will
> > report it, then you possably will get the answer of howto fix it.

I see i forgot to mention one of the most important things when "trouble
shooting", error messages are sometimes written to your console(s), but
"most" are always written into the system log, when a problem arises check
out your syslog or messages file. /etc/syslog.conf will show where messages
are written to.

> Alright. I'll see if it ever comes up agan
>
> Once again, thank you!

Glad i could help.

--
Regards Richard.