Kwira all :)

        Yes, me again :)  I got RH 6 dlded at last (only took me 3 days with my
damn modem :)  and installed that (clean install) after moving my mouse to
ttyS1 and it works :)

        Now I have a new problem (I'm sure some people will end up hating the fact
that I found this list <chuckle> :) I got my modem working too (it dials,
at least :) it's in ttyS2....I'm using RH 6 with everything as it comes as
default in the workstation installation (wanna get everything working
before I start to mess it up :) and I used Linuxconf to configure
ppp0....my modem dials no problem, does the handshake, goes mute when done
with that, and then I get disconnected :(  I have tried both PAP and
cleartext authentication (cleartext doesn't work, my ISP doesn't support
that, but I had to try)....now I'm clueless about how to make it work :(

        My windoze98 configuration asumes that the server asigns everything (IP,
gateway and DNS), and I can't find a way to tell linux (or gnome or
whatever) that the info has to be aquired from the server on login.

        I have a second ISP that I have the DNS entries for, but the gateway and
the IP are still dynamic.  I don't really care to which one I can log in,
as long as I can :)

        And yes, I read the PPPHowto and a couple of other docs, and still am
clueless....it isn't easy to wake up the brain after so many years in the
windoze world, I guess :/

        Arioshi ba

        Vox, the clueless newbie of the week :)

"Vox populi, Vox Dei"
Pain is the gift of the gods...and I'm the one they chose as their
messenger....