Having only worked on Linux for a week or so I might be missing something...but
does anybody know where I could find a Quick Reference guide for Linux ?

I have about a gazillion HOWTOS, FAQ and READMEs...but it takes forever to
figure out how to do some of the most basic operations with the operating
system.  I have to bring some tech-support people up to speed to at least know
how to boot the system and manipulate files and am in the process of writing my
own reference...somebody else been here ?

If the target audience is DOS command line and Windows knowledgeable people,
what are the basic commands and which files are critical.  i.e.. my list
includes commands like cp, mv, man, info, updatedb, locate, mkbootdisk,
fdformat, chmod, commandline editing keys, more, fsck and so on.  Also, I'm
still not sure of all the files, but if something gets mucked up, which files
should you verify first...

>From the complaint/winning dept. - And where is a simple editor like DOS EDIT -
I know drop down menus are taboo, but I've NEVER had to get help to use this
editor...granted it doesn't do much, but I can maintain the operating system,
without some arcane edit commands (don't even say vi, yes I use that all the
time, but try to teach it...).

Anybody have any suggestions on this ? Where to look ?
Want a copy of mine?

Thanks for your help.
Ralph