At 10:27 07/05/99 -0600, Jacob (Mettavihari) wrote:

I tried a dial into my "win account" from my windows 95 setup
and got an error like this

-------------------
Error731: Dial up Networking has not negotiated a compatible set of
protocals you specified in server type settings.

Check your networking configuration in the Control panel and try again.
-------------------

This look like it is a problem on the Windoze side.

Could someone kindly help me with the Configuration on the Win Side
to be able to dial into my Linux server using a modem connection.

When I dialup to my "win" account using the hyper terminal
then I get the PPP garbage that one should expect.

I have a normal account also (no PPP) and that is working ok.
I can  tial-in to this account using hyper terminal or just old telnet.

With all this I presume it is ok on my linux side.

I am dialing in from Windows 95

Thanks

Jacob (Mettavihari)

International Buddhist Research & Information Center (IBRIC).
380/9  Sarana Road, Colombo 00700, Sri Lanka.
Telephone - +94 1 68 9388 email - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
WWW URL - http://www.transmillennium.net/IBRIC/