I am installing RedHat Linux5.2 and having problem for new
network card of 3Com-3C905B-TX to access HP server  on
HP-UX10.20 through NFS.

The objective for RedHat5.2 installation is to acivate PC with
partition created and install and configure with Linux  NFS
mounting to HP server for application use.

Some background information:

We have TWO HP servers, (a) one with the HP-UX 10.20 with
RedHat Linux 5.2 and (b) one with the HP-UX 9.07 with
redHat Linux 5.1.

Network cards are (a) 3Com-3C905B-TX (New card), (b)
3Com-3C509B-TX (old card)

CASE #1: Old network card, 3C509B-TX on either Pentium I
or Pentium II able to NFS configuration and mount to HP-UX
9.07 with Linux 5.1 BUT UNABLE WITH HP-UX 10.20 with
Linux 5.2.

No error message, JUST HANG. Suspect the RedHat5.1 No
driver for NEW Network card.

CASE #2: New network card, 3C905B-TX on either Pentium I
or II UNABLE to NFS configuration and mount to HP-UX 9.07
or HP-UX 10.20

error message : mount clntudp_create : RPC : mapper failure
- RPC : Timed out

Anybody welcome suggestion and advise how to resolve it.

Another problem for New RedHat5.2 installation and
configuration on New Pentium II computer with hard disk
about 6GB that everytime, I boot for Linux - LILO, I need to
install Linux boot disk otherwise the boot up will be display
01010101010 on the screen. Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

Philip