First of all, it isn't a problem with your network card(s).  You may
(should) want to upgrade your kernel to at least 2.0.36 and compile nfs
support into the kernel.  Also make sure you select "Emulate SUN NFS
server" (This makes things work better).  Next you should upgrade the the
latest version of the nfs daemons (the one recomended for use with the
2.0.36 kernel in /usr/src/linux/Documentation/Changes.txt), but make sure
that it's the fixed version without the remote exploit.  It you do all
this and still no luck, I'd be more then happy to help you more.  I have a
linux machine with 2.2.5 and I successfully mount to and from a solaris
2.7 machine and an hp 10.20 machine.

-CJO-

On Mon, 10 May 1999 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>I am installing RedHat Linux5.2 and having problem for new
>network card of 3Com-3C905B-TX to access HP server  on
>HP-UX10.20 through NFS.
>
>The objective for RedHat5.2 installation is to acivate PC with
>partition created and install and configure with Linux  NFS
>mounting to HP server for application use.
>
>Some background information:
>
>We have TWO HP servers, (a) one with the HP-UX 10.20 with
>RedHat Linux 5.2 and (b) one with the HP-UX 9.07 with
>redHat Linux 5.1.
>
>Network cards are (a) 3Com-3C905B-TX (New card), (b)
>3Com-3C509B-TX (old card)
>
>CASE #1: Old network card, 3C509B-TX on either Pentium I
>or Pentium II able to NFS configuration and mount to HP-UX
>9.07 with Linux 5.1 BUT UNABLE WITH HP-UX 10.20 with
>Linux 5.2.
>
>No error message, JUST HANG. Suspect the RedHat5.1 No
>driver for NEW Network card.
>
>CASE #2: New network card, 3C905B-TX on either Pentium I
>or II UNABLE to NFS configuration and mount to HP-UX 9.07
>or HP-UX 10.20
>
>error message : mount clntudp_create : RPC : mapper failure
>- RPC : Timed out
>
>Anybody welcome suggestion and advise how to resolve it.
>
>Another problem for New RedHat5.2 installation and
>configuration on New Pentium II computer with hard disk
>about 6GB that everytime, I boot for Linux - LILO, I need to
>install Linux boot disk otherwise the boot up will be display
>01010101010 on the screen. Any suggestion?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Philip

                C.J. Oster (Linux Guru/Surge Addict)
| [EMAIL PROTECTED]   |   910 S. 3rd St, #1218  |   CCSO, WSG, UIUC  |
| [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |   Champaign, IL 61820   |   1443 DCL, Urbana |
|    PGP: 87D5 4216 43A1 42D6 754D  8F5E 24B3 992A B7A1 F556     |
                   (580)761-6393 (217)328-8934
      "Linux, for people with an IQ above 98" - Bumper Sticker
 "Hm, a little big for a cup holder... Why does it say '4x' on it?"