See
ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/docs/linux-doc-project/system-admin-guide/

Thanks... Ben

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Christian
Moulton
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 1999 2:02 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Point me to a good how-to

Ladies and Gents,

I'm a major-league newbie on the ballfield of Linux.  I decided - and
the decision seems better every day - to let my 486 at home house
Linux, in addition to Windows.  Tack one more person onto the
sold-on-Linux list.

Anyhow, I don't have a really strong Unix-Linux background and it seems
that all the good intro-how-to's are written for people who are not
also the System Administrators, which I am, by default, at home.  I
need to learn about things like adding software and adding users to my
machine - without this I'm playing only with what RH 5.2 automatically
installs and have to play as the root user, which I'm told is a lousy
thing to try to do for too long.  I'm willing to do the reading and
have made it quite a ways already - suggestions?

With much appreciation in advance,

Christian Moulton
Memphis, Tennessee