On Tue, 11 May 1999, Christian Moulton wrote:

> Anyhow, I don't have a really strong Unix-Linux background and it seems
> that all the good intro-how-to's are written for people who are not
> also the System Administrators, which I am, by default, at home.  I
> need to learn about things like adding software and adding users to my
> machine - without this I'm playing only with what RH 5.2 automatically
> installs and have to play as the root user, which I'm told is a lousy
> thing to try to do for too long.  I'm willing to do the reading and
> have made it quite a ways already - suggestions?

Actually, the RH5.2 manual is very good for very basic system administration
stuff. If you don't have the book, it will be on the CDROM. It tells you how to
add users, install packages, etc. Also good for the beginner, although not
"dumbed" down, is "Linux for Dummies" by Jon Maddog Hall.

--
Arandir...