kppp is a great tool; many people say that. But I prefered to make a ppp
connection in text mode, and some scripts with the help of the "time"
function (time -o <log_file> pppd <options_for_ppp_connection>).

--
Catalin Bucur                                \|/
Hardware engineer                          ^(o o)^