I have a second linux box here which is used for experimentation and currently it has
no keyboard or monitor. I have begun using the vnc stuff for remote access around my
flat, I can access this box from either my desktop W$%&$^ machine or my laptop off the
house LAN. The situation I wish to overcome is how do I get the server started as
'myuid' when I first boot up this box.

So far I have tried 'su' and the command substitution from rc.local but that does not
appear to work, if I'm logged in as root that's fine but otherwise nada?

Currently the box in question is running RH5.2 with a agitated kernel 2.2.6
implementation, which works fine....vnc is great cause if my multiple user Win system
crashes...which as we all know happens quite regular, everything else just ticks along.

Can someone help, point me to any info or even a script to try?

TIA

Andrew