According to [EMAIL PROTECTED]: While burning my CPU.

> Hello,
>       I'm running slackware 4.0 with kernel 2.2.7. My system is not logging
> boot messages to /var/adm/messages and it did not log any errors when I
> was atempting to get my ppp going. My sysklogd and klogd are running and
> my syslog.conf is below, any suggestions appreciated!
> Thanks.
> Dave.

You have misconfigured syslog.conf remove the "-" before the leading
directory slash.

The standardly installed syslog.conf looks like the following and is normaly
enough to record all "major events" Take a "good" note about the "warn"
option, i can tell you from experiance it means what it says.

# /etc/syslog.conf
# For info about the format of this file, see "man syslog.conf" (the BSD man
# page), and /usr/doc/sysklogd/README.linux.
#

*.=info;*.=notice                               /usr/adm/messages
*.=debug                                        /usr/adm/debug

# We don't log messages of level 'warn'.  Why?  Because if you're running
# a news site (with INN), each and every article processed generates a
# warning and a disk access.  This slows news processing to a crawl.
# If you want to log warnings, you'll need to uncomment this line:
#*.warn                                         /usr/adm/syslog
*.err                                           /usr/adm/syslog

#
# This might work instead to log on a remote host:
# *                     @hostname

--
Regards Richard.