From:                   "Langa Kentane" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:                     "Linux" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:                Permissions problems [newbie]
Date sent:              Tue, 1 Jun 1999 16:44:59 +0200

> I created a directory called incoming in my ftp root dir for uploads as
> everyone normally does.  I changed the ownership of the directory to ftp
> users and the same group.  Next I changed the rights to +xrw in that same
> dir.
>
> The problem now is that when I try to upload stuff to that dir from a
> windoze client it just tells me that access is denied.

So the command was "chmod incoming +xrw" exactly??

Possibly (and I'm nowhere near a *nix machine to check for sure) this sets
permissions for the owner of the file only;
"chmod incoming a+xrw" (to set for all users) would work a little better. This is
only a guess; it's quite likely I'm way off base.

Hope this is of some help to you though..

Best,

Brandon Uhlman
Tech. Support, Tallships Internet
Bridgewater, Nova Scotia