According to Lewis Kimble: While burning my CPU.

> i loaded a 6gig drive with 6.o and made the following partitions.
> /705m
> /usr 1500m
> /usr/src 1500m
> /var 1500m
> swap 125m
> is this what i should have done? i selected everything to load packages.

well /var at 1500 and /usr/src at 1500 is a little oversize, however you
have got the gerneral idea correct.

/var on a standard install is something like 12meg, and /usr/src 50m when
the kernel source is installed. Anyway you now have "plenty" of space.

> this is just a machine for home use amd k6 233 200m ram
> should i have loaded the server packages?

You said you choose to install "everything" so realy everything should have
been installed, if however evrything was not installed you can always use
rpm to install whatever is missing, your disk is big enough ;-)

--
Regards Richard.