Hi Michael:
        A "dumb terminal" is connects to the computer through a serial port and
has no (or very little)processing capacity.  If you're needing to add 3
dt's, you will probably need to add serial cards (or an multi-serial card).
Fortunately with linux, that's not a problem.
        As to where to get dt's, I'd check the yellow pages for 'computers,
surplus' first, maybe a web search for it also.  Don't know where you are
but in the Seattle area there are several outfits dealing in used/surplus
computers.  Quite often, government entities (cities, counties, states,etc)
have outlets for equipment being surplussed.

Tom

At 12:18 AM 7/6/99 -0400, you wrote:

>hey,
>
>i really need some help on this one:  i need to add 3 dumb terminals to my
>computer (vt102 or something like that - as long as it works :).
>
>       a)  anyone know where i can get some that are used?
>
>and    b)  just where can i find used hardware that allows me to
>           physically hook up the dumb terminals to my computer?  i need
>           something that will let me do that.. if it's possible to do
>           something networky (ethernet or arcnet or something) then
>           i could probably pull it off without buying stuff that's
>           *too* expensive..
>
>the point is that i need to get 3 additional terminals somehow added onto
>my computer, 'cuz ppl need to use it while i'm on it, and currently, the
>only physical terminal to it is the console.
>
>thanks!
>
>-
>Michael B. Trausch
>President of Linux Operations, ADK Computers       http://adk.hypermart.net/
>-

Tom Taylor                      Sr. Development Technician
Telemedic Systems, Inc.         253.529.0526
Member: PSLUG                   http://sealinux.itsite.com
email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED],  [EMAIL PROTECTED]