The FM to read for all lilo problems is the README that comes with the
lilo soource.  :-).  Since you are so sure of the 0x10, I'll extract
that for you, but it doesn't look good.

>>Disk error codes
- - - - - - - -

If the BIOS signals an error when LILO is trying to load a boot image,
the
respective error code is displayed. The following BIOS error codes are
known:

   0x10   "CRC error". A media error has been detected. Try booting
several
    times, running the map installer a second time (to put the map file
at
    some other physical location or to write "good data" over the bad
    spot), mapping out the bad sectors/tracks and, if all else fails,
    replacing the media.
<<
Bring along a good boot floppy or two, and a rescue root floppy could be
a good idea.  I hope it won't be necessary. :-)

Lawson
          >< Microsoft free environment

This mail client runs on Wine.  Your mileage may vary.

On Thu, 12 Aug 1999, Arandir wrote:

> A friend of mine is getting the following immediately after hitting
return at
> the LILO prompt:
>
> boot linux
> error 0x10
>
> over and over and over...
>
> I might not have the messages exactly, since he relayed it to me over
the
> phone (but the 0x10 is correct). I strongly suspect that he has a
corrupted
> lilo map or something, but before I drive 50 miles to fix his computer,
I'd like