I had a similar problem, and fixed it just visit this page they will
explain how to fix that problem, i copied and pasted the solution from
that page :)...

http://www.redhat.com/cgi-bin/support?solution&11-990511-0082&100-926468988&14-0&15-0&25-&3-&30-

Netscape crashes on Java pages (REF#990511-0082)
   I have installed Red Hat Linux 6.0 and Netscape keeps crashing when I
reach a page with Java applets in it. I have
   also noticed that some of my applications do not display fonts
correctly.

   What is going on?
   Solution:
   There is a problem in one of the installation RPMS that is causing
many systems to not have a complete list of
   fontpath for X to use.

   To see if this is the problem you are facing, please use the command

   chkfontpath --list

   You should get output that looks like the following:

   Current directories in font path:

   1: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc:unscaled

   2: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi:unscaled

   3: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi:unscaled

   4: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc

   5: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1

   6: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo

   You should then add the 75dpi scaled font to your path list using the
command:

   chkfontpath --add /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi

   This should fix the problem you are seeing.

--
Vicken Awakian

(905) 845-9430, ext 2930
Sheridan College