I'm going to be installing Linux on a second hard drive and I have some
questions:

How should I partition the new drive?

In Windows whenever I add a new drive, the first partition of the new drive
automaticly becomes D, and every other partition gets shoved down a notch
messing up programs on those partitions.  Is there any way to stop this?  If
I install the new drive can it be formattted as a pure linux drive?  If so
will my current DOS D drive stay as D?

Here are the specs

Intel PIII 450
Abit BX6 MB
256MB Ram
WD ~11GB HD  (about to add a new 4 to 8GB drive  probably IBM)
SoundBlaster Live!
ATI AIW Pro AGP 8MB (ATI AIW 128 32MB once released)
CL Voodoo 2 12MB
3COM NIC
Generic 56K X2 V90 ISA modem
Logitech PS/2 mouse
Logitech USB mouse
Windows 98 SE

What problems can I expect with this config?  I know there are Beta drivers
for the live.  How well do they work?  I know the AIW will only function as
a display device under Linux and won't have the tuner and vid cap functions,
but are there any other problems with these cards that I should know about?
How well does Linux work with AGP cards?  How well will the V2 run?  My NIC
is PCI should I expect any problems with this?  The modem works in DOS so
I'm assuming this will be fine.

One thing I'm wondering is this.  I have a network setup at home.  With 98SE
I can use the Inernet Connection Sharing fuction to share my connection with
other computers.  Does Linux have some equivelent to ICS?  Can a Linux
machine serve as a DHCP server that Win machines can use?  Can a Linux
machine get the DHCP information sent from a 98SE machine and connect
through that?

One last thing.  I might be adding Linux to the two other computers on our
network.  Should I expect any problems with these two machines:

PII333
Asus MB (I can get the model if needed)
256MB
Two 8GB IMB HDs
SB Live! Value
Diamond Viper V770 32MB
3Com NIC
Generic 56K k56 V90 ISA Modem
Logitech PS/2 Mouse
Windows 98

I also have a laptop. This is the one that would benefit from Linux the
most.  Windows would most likely be dropped from this machine.

Magitronic Laptop
486 DX/4 100
8MB
540MB HD