Which partition is the "LILO partition?" My *guess* is that you installed
LILO in the Master Boot Record (MBR). TO get rid of it, you need to use
something that will rewrite the MBR with a different boot loader. A standard
Windows or DOS install will do this ... but if you're trying to install OS/2
(I infer this from your mention of trying it), I don't know that OS so don't
know how to do it there.

At 02:58 PM 10/8/99 +0900, Emerson Bazilio Pedreira wrote [in part]:
>I have tried to install a japanese version of Linux in my computer, but it
>failed.
>Now I trying to uninstall it but it was impossible, because I could not
>delete the LILO partition.
>I have tried to use Linux fdisk, DOS fdisk and OS/2 fdisk program but
>nothing change. So every time that I start up my computer it starts the LILO
>partition.
>Please what I have to do in order to complete erase the Linux from my HD.

Palo Alto, CA                                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]