On Thu, 14 Oct 1999, Mike Fletcher wrote:
>I am attempting to start a program from a script.  The only problem is
>that the length of the actual command is about 3000 characters long.
>Does anyone know how or where to increase the length of a command line
>to this length??  When I attempt to run the lengthy script I gent the
>following error: Segmentation fault - core dumped..

I cant imagen why a program would need so many chars to start it,
however in a bask script a line can be split as follows.

#!/bin/sh

if [ -x /usr/local/src/program-0.0.2/source/executable ]; then
     /usr/local/src/program-0.0.2/source/executable -p11 -a1 \
       -b2 -c3 -d4 -e123
fi
Its the "\" that splits the line but lets the script read on.

--
Regards Richard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]