Better find the reason and correct it..... Run sendmail with verbose switch and
 see why it does not go. (Quite interesting to see what systems are all saying
 to each other as part of the handshaking)
Same as you, I find it also very annoying. I found that the messages are stored
 in a file. Delete the file worked OK for me.
 Look for a file with today's date, after writing/sending a msg and you can
 find it easily. You will recognize the message inside the file.
 Crude, yes, but it works. Better solutions welcome.

>What is the correct way to get rid of a mail that will not go out from
>my mail queue? Can I just delete the files or should I use a command to
>let sendmail delete it (or any other command)?
>
>I just don't want it to "continue to try for 5 days" to deliver it.
>
>--
>Scott Felton
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>http://www.k3ir.ampr.org
>Slackware Linux

---Herman Aalderink <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Philippines (Cebu island).
Permanent but slow : [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Note 'zero' in n0jn).