Sorry, I am not getting this, I thought I was :(

Can someone outline the steps to achieve the following please?

I have and EIDE disk with W98, and RedHat
I have a SCSI disk with Mandrake and I want to be able to boot either
linux from LILO

It works fine by using a bootable disks for original Mandrake and leaving Lilo as
was for RH of course, but when I try and make LILO know about the RH and Mandrake
boots
it screws up, mainly because (depending which I make the first) it uses the wrong
System.map, module-info, initrd etc. I could just use boot floppies, but I need to
recompile.

After recompile from Mandrake, ("make bzdisk")  - I get a panic saying it can't find
the disk (scsi) from a boot disk........I suppose I need to make a real boot disk,
with
boot  dev  etc  initrd.img  vmlinuz-2.2.x etc ? Where are the correct ones
after a make ?(I see the good boot disk is ext2 , not just an image of vmlinuz
that "make  bzdisk" creates)

So what's the best way to set this up, and also the steps to take to remake
the kernel (I expect the first will answer the second ;>) you know, where
to copy actual files, what to put in lilo.conf etc...

Or, a detailed explanation of the boot process would definitely help (I did
look at HOWTO's etc of course - I guess I'm just getting dense !)

Thanks folks

Steve

Steve Edmunds Work:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Phone:650.933.8560 Home:[EMAIL PROTECTED]