Recently, my regional ISP (TIAC) was bought by a national outfit (PSI) and
my service has plummeted. For one thing, in the past, when I said I was not
running Windows, the reaction was: someone is here who specializes, and we
will do the best we can. Now the response is a brusque: We only support
Windows (and Mac) and so we won't help you. My pointing out that Linux
has greater market share than Mac does not impress them.

The issue of technical support came up when they installed a new DNS
that drops connections and runs about 3K, forcing me to use an old 33K
line to get anything done. PSI immediately wants me to reconfigure my
system to cope with their new name server, and when I say I'm nunnig
linux they say they can't help me.

Is there a list of linux-friendly national or regional ISPs?