Senior and Junior are two computers sitting next to each
other.  They are connected by ethernet and by a serial
cable.  When I use the ethernet link to telnet from Junior
to Senior, everything behaves as expected.  For example,
I can log into Senior, execute 'top' and see the entire
page on Junior's screen.

However, when I use the serial link from Junior to log into
Senior, the screen display is not right.  For example, when
I execute 'top' (on Senior), I only see the first six lines
on Junior's screen.

I'm using a VT102 terminal emulation program (DOS) on Junior
and $TERM is vt102.  Port speed on both computers is 19200.
I've tried a couple of other DOS terminal emulation programs,
with exactly the same result.

Does anyone have an idea why top is incomplete over the serial
link?

Cheers,
Steven