On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Glen Lee Edwards wrote:
>Is there some way to change the default text size in terminal mode.  I'd
>like to shrink my text size just a tad if that's possible.

Edit /etc/lilo.conf and add.

vga = ask

To the top of the file just under the other global commands.

At bootime you will be asked to enter the mode you want, there are 10
to choose from.
Large and small.
I am presuming you are using a 2.2.x kernel, with framebuffers etc,
which is a normal install from redhat-6.0 6.1 etc..

Or use consolechars as per the following.

killall gpm # (if used) otherwise it will play havok with the mouse.
/usr/bin/consolechars -f /usr/lib/kbd/consolefonts/alt-8x14.psf.gz
/usr/sbin/gpm -t ps/2  (Or whatever you use).

--
Regards Richard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]