On Tue, 21 Dec 1999,  Edgar Alwers wrote about,  Re: Installing applications -> GABY:
> Hi Richard,
>
> I am a kind of  "amok"-runner, so I would like to try to install the
> libraries asked by Gaby. Upgrading to SuSe 6.3 not only makes some 90.- DM
> but I am always also a little anxious if everything will continue working
> after upgrading. I think downloading imlib and esd should not be such a
> problem, but, may I download and install glib while working with SuSE 6.1 ?

You can upgrade all the libs, however like i said it is by no means a
trivial task, if something goes wrong, you will have a system which wont
work properly and quite possably will become _unusable_ without a lot of
help from someone who knows what he is doing and can sit at your keyboard
to correct the problems.

--
Regards Richard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]