I never had problem with printer in Linux. Until now.

Printer: HP LaserJet 6L
System: RHL 6.1 (2-12-20)

My printer is not detected. It's, as usual, on LPT1 in Windows. Printing
works fine under Windows, but in Linux, even if I try print directly to
port, no success.
In Windows I had some IRQ conflits so it was necessary to disable USB and
set these things manually. I don't know how to play with IRQ in Linux. Also
I thought USB is not supported in Linux and my old cheap SCSI card is not
supported in Linux. So there should be enough room.
What could be wrong? Point me somewhere, please.
Also I'd like to know, how is this done in Linux(IRQ assignment).
Next question  : where I could get some info about Psion & Linux, connecting
and so on?

Thank you very much ....
 ico66