On Fri, Jan 07, 2000 at 03:11:10PM +0200, Bogdan Taru wrote:

>       Hi everyone,

>  Could somebody explain to me how to use 'smbmount' utility? I've used
> smbclient succesfully, so the settings are right. But when I'm trying
> (according to smbmount's man page):

>    smbmount "\\Comp\C" -c 'mount /mnt/win95 -u 1000 -g 100'

>  it gives me the following error: c is not a valid option. And indeed,
> there's no mention of the option '-c' in help or in the man page...

        Insufficient information...

        There are three different versions of smbmount out there with
three different syntaxes (the story is too long to tell at this point).
The appropriate version depends on the kernel version you are using.
The syntax you mention is appropriate only for the second version, which
only works with kernel versions 2.2.0-2.2.9 (also some 2.1.x kernels but
those don't count any more).  The syntax for that version is similar to
the syntax for smbclient from the Samba package (it's derived from smbclient)
If you have a 2.0.x kernel, then you are using the older smbmount program
from the original smbfs package.  That original version has it's own
syntax.  If you have a more recent kernel, the third version of smbmount
has adopted a syntax which is compatible with the mount program and can
be used as "mount.smbfs" and called from mount.

        Try and determine what version you have and get the correct docs
on it for the correct syntax.

> Thanks in advance,
> bogdan

        Mike
--
 Michael H. Warfield    |  (770) 985-6132   |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  (The Mad Wizard)      |  (770) 331-2437   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/