Hey,

I am a grad. student in my first year and am a sort of linux buff. Well,
the sad thing is that my boss likes quick and easy solutions and goes the
way most of the non-programmers go.. the Bill Gates way.  Well, so I have
this new project that involves lots of code writing and Math. analysis.
The idea is to use Matlab and C. Well so why am I writing to you guys..
Well two things: One- I want to use Linux for the project. So I want some
arguments to give (convincing ones) from all you gurus there as to why I
must use Linux over Windows to get my boss to see the light. Two, I want
to know if anything with the capabilities (commercial products are fine)
of Matlab exists for the Linux world?

Cheers,
-Karthik.