At 02:10 PM 1/25/00 -0500, Chris Job wrote:
>Thanks Ray
>You were on the mark with your info.  I called my ISP and asked what I
>would need to surf the web.  He said that two (primary and secondary) IP
>addresses he gave me (I added these to my /etc/resolv.conf) was all I
>needed.  That as much as he could help me with.
>
>Question:  In the "route add default ..." command you gave me, should I
>replace the 1.2.3.4 with one of the 2 IP addresses the ISP gave me?

No. That address needs to be the ISP's default gateway. It's not called
anything else that I can think of -- only default gateway and default route.
This may be coming as part of a DHCP lease or a PPP configuration ...
depends on your connection type.

Palo Alto, CA                                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]