I run a vintage RH, so I didn't know that they were doing that in the
new versions.  It's probably running 'fortune' so try a grep in /etc
land and see where it is being invoked (probably /etc/profile).

rw2

--
 "Debugging is at least twice as hard as programming. If your code is
 as clever as you can possibly make it, then by definition you're not