Not sure what manual you have, but I'm surprised it doesn't tell you about
the extensive set of HowTos and miniHowTos available on many Linux topics.
They are available online at theLinux Documentation Project,
http://www.linuxdoc.org/ .

On this particular question, see

        http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/Linux+DOS+Win95+OS2.html