Thanks to all of you for your answers. I shall start with re-compiling the
kernel. However, I don't know what CONFIG_SYSVIPC is and how to compile the
kernel with it. When I installed RedHat 6.1 I chose the easy graphic
installation and I don't remember the installer to inquire about any kernel
options. Does anybody happen to know if there is an easy way to recompile
the kernel from some X utility or has it to be done manually.
Pavel Musil