On Mon, 28 Feb 2000,  Clive Crous wrote about,  Kernel Panic After Clean Installation
( RH6.0 ):
> I was trying to set up my first linux server last night at home.  The
> installation went perfectly, no problems, no complications.  The problem
> came when I rebooted after the install.  It gave me : " kernel panic :
> Kernel compiled for Pentium+ " and of course, died.
>
> What confuses me is that this is the same machine I used for my first ever
> Linux installation, and the exact same RH6.0 CD I used to do this !!!!!
>  with the exception of the graphics card/monitor )

I cant remember exachtly how Redhat askes about which kernel to use for
booting during the install process, but what you seem to have done is
choosen the kernel for a machine with a faster cpu than you have.
You might have choosen the kernel for SMP machine.

I belive you can use the rescue disks to boot the sysytem and install a
suitable kernel from your CDrom, once you have done that dont forget to
change /etc/lilo.conf to reflect the changes and then most of all dont
forget to rerun lilo.

--
Regards Richard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]