On Mon, 28 Feb 2000,  James Atkinson wrote about,  Re: Why do my new kenels never work
right?:

> > Then the logical question is what kernel version source do you have, i cant
> > see that unless you tell me.
> > We tend on this list to take the stand that a newbie "normally speaking"
> > installs the latest distro.
> >
> > I am talking kernel 2.2.xx here.
> >

> Whoops..sorry It's 2.2.14 that i"m trying to get to work :)

Ok, now you say you cant find it, i will have to agree with you as i
cant either, when i wrote my message to you i was using 2.2.13 as a
referance.

There is something realy wrong here as there does not seem to be any
changes in the kernel as per that driver, the code is still in
/usr/src/linux/drivers/net its file name is rtl8139.c.

I did some investigating, there is no mention of any changes in
../Documentation/Changes or ../Documentation/networking/*
I did a diff of rtl8139.c from 2.2.13 to 14 there is no differance, i did a
diff of ../linux/drivers/net/Config.in from 2.2.13 and 14, no differance.

Something is wrong here or i am missing something real simple.

2.2.13 gives no problem at all, you can define the driver no problem i have
checked that.

Now before i say anything more i would like to ask Ray Greg and Lawson to
check and see if i have my facts correct, if they are then you have
discovered a small descrepancy in the kernel source for 2.2.14.

Greg, Ray and Lawson, would you be so kind to see if you can define a
RealTek 8129/8139 ethernet card in 2.2.14 if of course you have the time
and the source, it does not show up here, it does however in 2.2.13.
What do you guys think.???
I have seen no mention of this in the linux-kernel mailing list, (but who
can read ALL the messages there,) ;-)

James, all i can say is i cant find it either, so pls, wait and see what
the other guys find.

--
Regards Richard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]