On Tue, 29 Feb 2000,  [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote about,  Re: Why do my new kenels
never work right?:
> > Something is wrong here or i am missing something real simple.

I missed sommat i see, whoops.

> > 2.2.13 gives no problem at all, you can define the driver no problem i
> have
> > checked that.

Now i never even thought of Experimental, i always have it set to yes
anyway, so i presume i took it for granted.

> I tried make menuconfig, and there it was.  To be sure I was comparing
> apples and oranges, I tried make config, no to CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL, and
> there it wasn't.  Hmmm, a bug in make config?  Right.
>
> Tried again with yes to CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL, and there it was again.
> Sure enough, menuconfig will not offer it if you turn off code maturity
> options.  Either rt8139 is experimental, or depends on something
> experimental, or the configure scripts think so.
>
> I have some of my own code in ide.c, ide-disk.c and a line in
> include/linux/hdreg.h, but I doubt that's anythign to do with it.
>
> And I only checked 2.2.14.  I'll be brave and bet a nickel it was
> experimental in 2.2.13 as well.  Maybe you could check that, Richard.
>
> I'd say, "Just say 'Yes!' to CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL."

That is it, anyway i took a look at;

http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/rtl8139.html

But see no mention of Experimental.

--